how can i find my bikes model and year from the engine/frame number?

Oldbiker63
This post is 3527 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry folk my apologies

I am an old biker,1st bike was an old bsa 125 bantam,bought that for 5 pound sterling in 1966 from there on to machless/triumph/norton Rode out most of the roads in the UK

used suzuki 650 for a while then gave up riding for years (when I got married)had to get a car!Now the kids are grownup and out decided to get back on the road.

want to feel the wind in the hair again(before its all gone)So now i got this xs 400 and I want to restore it .Then I can hit some of these lovely South Africa roads and passes

Hi bikers I hope someone can help me out.I have just bought a 400 xs special and I am going to restore it to factory original

The engine and frame number is 2LO-072351 can I trace anything from this?I was told by the owner it was a 1980'ish and he wasnt to sure if it was a model II or not.

Just hoping one of you boffs out there may be able to help

out I need to know the correct model and year.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above, it's sometimes best to say HELLO before you ask advice from strangers, an INTRO in the new members section would not go amiss (hint)! We get A LOT of one hit wonders who want advice and then without a "Thank you" are never seen again, it gets annoying that folks seem to have forgotten to say Hello before they ask for advice. But be that as it may Welcome to the YOC and we hope you stick around. :wavey: