Wind....!!

BigBaz
This post is 6635 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys and Gals

This is my 1st post as im very new to biking at the ageof 33!! you know how it goes, ill do my test this year and it goes on and on then finally get round to do your test, anyway I aint the samllest of people but I find that if there is a hint of a strongish wind it feels like the bike is going to go from under me. Sometimes the bike slides sideways, and can frighten the shite out of ya, Am I doing something wrong?

I ride a TDM 850

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure if it's normal Baz but the exact same thing happens to me when there's bad crosswinds. It's a nightmare, especially when the traffic's heavy. I've found gentle countersteering into the wind helps a lot.

the worst thing is when it suprises you by blowing through gaps between houses. because youve been in a built up area you don't no about it untill whooaaahhh scares the hell outa me! :o

i agree gentle coutersteering is advisable, or shifting your wieght slightly into it, not to much to unbalance the bike though

Wind will always be there to keep you honest. The other week I did the length of the M27 having to lean into the wind. Can be hairy.

Regards

Robbie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online