No dash lights on YBR

Trooper
This post is 3515 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all

I've had my 06 YBR for quite a while now and the lights for the speedo and rev counter have never worked. It's never caused an issue as I only tend to ride during the day time but my MOT is coming up and I've got a feeling it will fail with no dash lights.

Was just wondering if anyone here knows which bulbs the YBR clocks use. The fuel gauge light works, by the way, so I'm not sure if that would suggest blown bulbs or a lose connection. I'm thinking I'll try changing the bulbs, failing that, I don't have a clue, I'm rubbish with bike electrics. Or if anyone knows of a tutorial or manual that explains how to pull the clocks apart and fault find, that woudl be good.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unscrew the two bolts holding the bracket on. It's then easier if you unscrew the headlight as well for putting all the wires back in later. Unplug all the cables, remembering roughly where they go (obvious).

Underneath the tachometer should be a couple of wires going into what can only be described as a rubber bung. Pull it out and there should be a bulb in there. Get a LED to replace it, last a lot longer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to getting this sorted. One of the previous owners really messed up the clocks, 2 of the bolts that hold the whole assembley together are missing, they are blanked off. Went out and bought replacement bulbs then realised the speedo uses 2, not 1 like the tachometer... So half my speedo is lit up. However I also replaced the one in the headlight, and only just realised that the headlight was always supposed to come on with the ignition..

Anyway, glad I can finally ride at night without problems

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online