Hello from Virginia Beach

erbrod
This post is 3539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone I just recently purchased a 1982 sr 250 and have been riding without any problems. A couple of nights ago another rider asked me why it sounded the way it does. Hes never owned a yammy so he wasn't sure if the sound was right for this bike. I , too am unfamiliar with yammy sound this being my first. It does sound louder by the motor sort of like an automatic weapon the sound not coming from the exhaust but around the motor. I did have it inspected a couple of weeks ago and the inspector didnt mention anything about it, odd. Maybe hes unfamiliar with the sound this yammy should make. I looked at the oil level and it is at max, no leaks. Ive thought it could be the piston??? I dont know much about this since ive only done minor maintenance on bikes. I dont want to worry too much since ive been riding it without issues but i also dont want to worsen and in the end lose her. Thanks for your input on this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks i did ride her to a local bike shop and was told that it does sound like the piston but that it could also be a leaky exhaust gasket . well limited funds demand i look into this immediately and hope for the best , expect the worst

:welcome:

:wavey: welcome aboard!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online