yamaha swinging arm replacement.

biz1980
This post is 3559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im wondering if anyone could give me any advice at all on how to change a swinging arm on a ybr 125 im going to attempt the change myself with a friend and was wondering is it as difficult as it looks!.

The new swinging arm has the bearings in already which should save some time and hassle! im guessing the bar holding the swinging arm in place may be a bit of a bi*ch to get out to take the old one off?.

Also if anyone has a pdf for an 07 ybr 125 which i could download to help along the way would be a big help!.

Any and all information would be of great help in my quest to save much money and learn more about repairing my own vehicle.

Thanks

Jer.

:smash:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jer , as long as the swingarm pivot bolt ( the big one running through the frame ) isn't seized you shouldn't have too much trouble . Make sure the bike is properly supported , remove the rear wheel , remove the shock(s) , open the chain at the split link and move it out of your way . Undo the nut on the pivot bolt and tap the bolt out ( taking care not to damage the thread ) . As you lift the swingarm out take note of the position of any spacers or shims . Reassembly is the reverse and if you put some copper grease on the pivot bolt it will prevent it from seizing in future . Hope that helps .

• Like 1

Good advice Kev, it may be obvious, but I would add that the pivot bolt should be thoroughly cleaned with a wire drum / brush prior to coating in copper grease.

• Like 1

You don't have to open the chain once the swing arm is free from the frame you can move it to get it out

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online