yamaha SR125 cuatome start problems

o5otato5o
This post is 3571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it can fire but its asif i cant sustain its self under running pressure it will get to the point of wanting to fire but just doesnt have that little bit extra

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you tried the suggestions I posted?

We need to eliminate things to get us to the issue. You need to tell us what you have tried from the list of suggestions and what happened when you tried them.

It is best to work from the perspective that any check that is simple and free is best to do first but we need to to tick off what has been suggested and give us some feedback.

i have tried then all every suggestion has made no diffrence im afraid apart from trying to fire with tank open will try now got a break

didnt work :(

Ok. At the same time can you take the spark plug out and check it is wet with fuel. If it is, leave it out to let the cylinder evaporate any fuel in it. After a while pour a teaspoon full of oil down the spark plug hole and turn the bike over with the plug still out for a second or two. Replace the plug and HT lead and then, without any throttle, try and start the bike again.

ye ive done the oil in head and leave plug out aswell the oil in head caused slight smoke and after a few attempts it fired (seen that in one of you other posts) but still no go over all i.e. it just died on tick over

Ok. Just to check, did you try jumping it from a car battery?

Ir looks like you will need to start checking everything for the correct specification. I would get the tappets set properly first and then try to start it and then time to look at the carb again.

why isnt there a check list order lol sooo hard picking up my feeler gauges tonight if push comes to shove its my first time takeing a bike to a garage been 9 year lol :( (allways had 2 strokes tho)

i will try tho i am determined

but yes going full check list again one last time will allso add piks as i go this time so give me a few days guys as got to fit it around work

Just check tappets are .004 and .006 ? i always thought .002 and .006?

Yer im either thinking this is tappets incorrectly set or your battery isn't pumping out eough amps to turn her over fully and keeps the charge going.

did you over tighten any thing in the head when you done the tappets? just a tought as if you have then the engine will struggle to turn over with that much resistance on the cams / tappets

why isnt there a check list order lol sooo hard picking up my feeler gauges tonight if push comes to shove its my first time takeing a bike to a garage been 9 year lol :( (allways had 2 strokes tho)

but yes going full check list again one last time will allso add piks as i go this time so give me a few days guys as got to fit it around work

Fag papers used to be the old sckool feeler gauge :biglaugha::eusa_whistle:

Yer im either thinking this is tappets incorrectly set or your battery isn't pumping out eough amps to turn her over fully and keeps the charge going.

did you over tighten any thing in the head when you done the tappets? just a tought as if you have then the engine will struggle to turn over with that much resistance on the cams / tappets

only thing i changed was tappets and used a rizla packet top tab lol is it the actual papers ypur supposed to use ?

loaned my feeler out and they never came home

ps tried a freinds battery (he still useing daily) mines 2 month old if that so i know its not battery

:)

I bought a brand new battery and tried starting my bike not realising the fuel line was kinked and flattend the battery so you never know you may have a weak cell and not have enough cranking amps left in it. Try the car battery and see if it works.

As for the papers you used to stack them up to the recommended thickness "close enough"

Have a look at the following threads fella. I posted the specs and how to do tappets in the first linked thread below.

ok lads will let you all know tomorrow thanks as i said m8 ive tried a freinds battery (off his dtr125) he uses daily and mines new plus had a full charge last night its shure not the battery deffo some sort of fuel/air issue i think if not i hold my hands up (useless) :)

That looks very sooty as if there's too much fuel in the mix. Have you tried running her without the air filter in place?