SR125 post 1999 engine : metal shavings

Grahamssr
This post is 3633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am changing the oil filter and discovered small aluminium shavings on the outside of the filter and in the filter housing. I have checked both timing and clutch side covers and they are free of the shavings. Any ideas where they may be coming from. All suggestions grateful received.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Graham and Welcome to the YOC, it's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section before you ask a " how do I fix my bike" question just cos it's nice to say hello to strangers before you ask for advice on your problem, if you would be kind enough to say Hi first you will get more feedback as folks are wary of one hit wonders who never say "thank you" after having their question answered. not saying that's you just it happens a lot. So if you would be kind enough to do that I'm sure someone will have advice for you on your problem. Metal shavings are never a good thing to find in your engine and most of us will have an idea of where you should start to sort out your question once you have completed your forum etiquete. :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

What bike" i found the same once , turned out it was a small spring had been chewed up by gears,,, check the return springs on shifter pawl

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online