yamaha the innovators

liquidcooled
This post is 6668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yet again yamaha has come up with a new idea likely to be a hit in future- the fly by wire throttle-

the all new motor is fed with fuel by the revolutionary YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) system. YCC-T is effectively a “fly-by-wire” intelligent injection/throttle control which enhances the power delivery of the machine and reduces fuel lag.

you've got to hand it to yamaha,they've came out with some of the best inventions in motorbiking eg deltabox,exup,ypvs,monoshock,2 wheel drive(well maybe not best or widely used but different),5 valves per cylinder etc anyone think of any others?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yet again yamaha has come up with a new idea likely to be a hit in future- the fly by wire throttle-

the all new motor is fed with fuel by the revolutionary YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) system. YCC-T is effectively a “fly-by-wire” intelligent injection/throttle control which enhances the power delivery of the machine and reduces fuel lag.

you've got to hand it to yamaha,they've came out with some of the best inventions in motorbiking eg deltabox,exup,ypvs,monoshock,2 wheel drive(well maybe not best or widely used but different),5 valves per cylinder etc anyone think of any others?

2 wheel drive that sounds nifty got any pics mate

They have put the same system onto an R1 as well and it was a massive 6 seconds quicker per lap (not sure which track). They reckon they'll have the system on the market in the next few years but it's likely to be on the tourers rather than the sports bikes.

Well, I'm not sure quite who invented them and I don't know if anyone else fitted them to bikes first, but Yamaha must surely have been the innovators of using Reed Valves on production road bikes.

Back in the days when proper bikes had proper bike engines that is, not diesels ;)

Andy

yeah the fly by wire system allows the twistin of the throttle to give the same amount of power through all the gears therefore giving the same response rather than making it jerky in lower gears. making riding more fluid.

the 2trac is a good idea although i wouldda thought that the hydrolic (can't spell it) pump would have cause more wait but the grip and power difference is incredible. they tried it with the two identicel wr450's one with the 2trac system and one without and the one without was all over the place. (this was on a track so a foot is needed out on corners). and the person on the 2trac bike could fly into corners with masses of grip and useable power.

the revolutionary day of a sportsbike with all useable and controlable power is upon us!!

well soon...

i hope not tom, all these things are good but too much of a good thing ruins the basics that attracted you to bikes in the first place if you know what i mean. eg my vfr was an awsome bike, comfy, reliable, loads of easy power handling and brakes. but it wasnt what i love about bikes. the old gsxr is more my thing. harsh, handling thats not so forgiving, power that you have to work for etc

they could stop developing bikes right now, or even ten years ago!... and we'd all be more than happy with what's availabe to us

Gotta agree there Alan.....@ the rate these technilogical advances are going, before you know it, the bike will be operating by itself.....leaving the rider to be demoted to merely a pillion :rolleyes:

FYI....Suzuki also made a few 2WD models as well :huh:

& Yamaha may possibly be the 1st to use the "Fly By Wire" concept on production machinery, but as you might recall......Aprilia used that same technology on the RS "Cube" GP bike that was piloted by Nori Haga & Colin Edwards a couple years back. ;)

yeah i will agree with you there hadn't considered that aspect yet. have you seen honda's new car that drives itself on motorways. how clever but from your point of view i would like a car that is harsh and i have to battle with it makes driving more fun. not that i can drive yet anyway 17 in a few months though :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online