1999 r6 tires . Help

dannyboy123
This post is 6631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My r6 has dunlop a 204 fitted to the rear and a 207 on the front . I havent been riding long and dont know if it is the weather but these tires dont seem to be giving me the grip I need and I want to replace them . What do you people recommend as a good all round tire.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi dan,

Ive just got a R6 and I have bridgestones front and rear. They seem to offer good grip and should last for 8k but as they are the only tyres I've used I dont know how well they feedback in comparison to others.

Regards

Robbie

204's and 207's are old now but should still perform well. I've tried Bridsgestones (BT01's) on my R6 and hated them , they ruined the handling. I'm now running Pirelli Diablo's and they seem really good.

Remember though that at this time of year your never going to get full grip even when the roads are dry, there's sand grains about from gritting, the roads are cold so you don't get the full stickyness you should. If the tyres are still in good condition, I'd run them through winter when you have to take it steady anyway and then then buy a new pair once the weather picks up, then you'll get most of the summer on new tyres.

• 1 month later...

I've got Pilot Sports on my 02 R6 and its like ice skating in slippers, especially in the wet. Gonna look at some Pirelli's as I've heard they're the best for everyday use

I've got Pilot Sports on my 02 R6 and its like ice skating in slippers, especially in the wet. Gonna look at some Pirelli's as I've heard they're the best for everyday use

i had pirelli dragon evo's on mine, and when i get my next one i'm going to fit some more

Been talking to some bikers from around my flat and aparently the michelin pilot power 2ct's are meant to be the don. Apparently whenh put on Rossi's bike they were only 4 seconds a lap slowetr than normal racing tyres. Thats grip for ya esp on a road tyre.

Not sure if they will fit a R6 though. Will look into it.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online