Need some advice please xj6

shaun_1990
This post is 3777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone,

I'm after abit of advice please, had my xj6n for about 3 months now and I have her all tucked up for winter and the battery is sat somewhere warm so I will not be starting the bike until about February, is there anything I should be checking come feb to make sure it's okay?

I also plan on doing some work over winter to get it how I like for summer

Current parts I have are :

Scorpion exhaust

Evo tech tail tidy

Rear huger

And a couple of other bits to tidy it up abit

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with his next bit, I was after some advice to know if I could fit the foot pegs of a r6 or would they not fit? And if they would fit does anything else need to be changed?

Thanks for any help at all :)

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Be careful your fuel doesn't go off. Unless your using "Super", your petrol will contain ethanol, which absorbs moisture, the longer its in the tank unused, the more likely you are to have problems firing it up next year. Not likely to be a problem if the bike is fuel injected. If its a carburetor fed motor, then you'd perhaps be best draining the carbs

As an alternative, I believe that their is an additive that you can put in the fuel to prevent it going off, buggered if I can remember what's its called at the mo

Oil the chain so it doesn't go rusty while its standing

Make sure that you've washed all of the road salt off

It's injected so should be okay, chain has a fresh coat of oil and the bike was washed about 2 hours ago so in theory it's all good

Thank you for the reply however!

Be careful your fuel doesn't go off. Unless your using "Super", your petrol will contain ethanol, which absorbs moisture, the longer its in the tank unused, the more likely you are to have problems firing it up next year. Not likely to be a problem if the bike is fuel injected. If its a carburetor fed motor, then you'd perhaps be best draining the carbs

As an alternative, I believe that their is an additive that you can put in the fuel to prevent it going off, buggered if I can remember what's its called at the mo

Wynns(?) Dry Fuel is the stuff you're thinking of. NOT to be used for fuel injected bikes!

Have already got a trickle charger just not put it to any use as yet.

Can anyone shed any light on the foot pegs??

Shaun

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online