Fork Stantions RD 250 D 1977

wainyone
This post is 6667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anybody help, there are a set of stantions for sale locally part no' 1A0 23110-00 will they fit my model 1977 rd 250 d, the parts CD says mine are 1A0 23124-01

Anybody enlighten me please

Cheers Wainyone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking at my parts lists the E models have the number 2R8 23110-00 and would be 35mm are the stantions 34 or 35 mm as yuo need the 34 mm for yor D i could use a set of 35 mm ones for my 400e resto are they new and how much if they are still up for grabs please

merv

Can anybody help, there are a set of stantions for sale locally part no' 1A0 23110-00 will they fit my model 1977 rd 250 d, the parts CD says mine are 1A0 23124-01

Anybody enlighten me please

Cheers Wainyone

they are from an xs400/xs250. are they NOS or used?

drew

Yamaha were very good (probably still are!) at using parts from one bike on another, but giving them different part numbers (which is what Scott is referring to). Sometimes even the price is different! Any way, the forks from the XS models were shared with RD's to some extent and a popular mod on RD's is to fit the forks from an XS (650 I think?) to provide twin disks. So that shouldn't be a problem for you to worry about.

What you do need to be careful of is the point Mervin made about the diameter. Earlier RD's had 34mm diameter stantions, but the later E models were changed to 35mm. Obviously you cannot fit 35mm stantions into the yokes and legs of an earler bike 'cause they are too big, you would then have to swap the whole front although that isn't a major undertaking. I suppose it would be sensible to check that your existing forks are the standard 34mm and haven't been changed at some point ;) .

Hope that helps.

Andy

Yamaha were very good (probably still are!) at using parts from one bike on another, but giving them different part numbers (which is what Scott is referring to). Sometimes even the price is different! Any way, the forks from the XS models were shared with RD's to some extent and a popular mod on RD's is to fit the forks from an XS (650 I think?) to provide twin disks. So that shouldn't be a problem for you to worry about.

Sometimes the part numbers are the same as well Andy. the ignition keyswitch for my RD is the EXACT same part as the one they used on XJ550 Seca's...(I checked ;) )

Also found that the headlight relay is the very same part as one used on the XS1100.....

So if you really do your homework with cross-referencing, it can really open up more options when trying to source parts for various mods.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online