rev gauge fogging up and fuse in speedo

madrevs
This post is 3806 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Damp. This will cause condensation when the gauge gets cold. In my opinion I would take the gauge off, into the airing cupboard overnight and then back on the bike. Make sure the rubber that holds the bulbs are seated properly or damp will get in again.

The bulbs are all seated but theres a fiddly little bit of rubber that goes around the edge which I can never get to seat properly.will take it off tonight and try and dry it out bit should the heat from the bulbs not get rid of the condensation though

If water can get in or is trapped in the gauge then during the cold weather it will keep doing this. That is why it needs to be put somewhere warm. During the summer you could just pull a bulb out and let it dry naturally but at this time of the year you will need to purge any damp from inside the gauge first.

While pulling apart my clocks I have noticed theres a red blade fuse with two crimp on blade connectors one wire going to it is white the other is red and blue also when I first got the bike all the wires where on show behind the front fairing so I covered them with electrical tape and there was a red and blue wire that wasnt connected to anything and couldnt find anywhere for it to plug in so just taped it up . any advice on whats been done would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like an aftermarket bodge. Do you have any heated grips, running lights, stuff like that attached? They may have used an existing wire as a feed.

Yeh definetly a diy job dont know why it would be added though the two wires that it joins arent even the same colour am a bit worried someones removed the reed switch in back of speedo and used a fuse to connect the two wires together.do u think this is the case

I have merge the 2 threads as you asked the same question in 2 threads. This way you should get a better reply to your questions.