Water in Carb on DT 125 R

Timl33
This post is 3834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've had a very frustrating day green laning today. The lanes were very wet and muddy and after almost every lane my bike was running like s##t. I had to stop, drain the carb and then carry on. I did this about 7 times. I've had the trouble before and have removed the carb and cleaned it countless times. My air filter was cleaned, dried and oiled two rides ago so I know that is clean.

As you can imagine this is very frustrating. Any help and advice on how to stop his happening would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Define "s##t!"

Water in spark plug cap

Water around the coil

Water in the engine crank area

Water in the oil

Grit in the carb jets

Water in the combustion chamber

Water in the exhaust

All possibles.

On my wr there is a rubber that sits between the rear of the tank and in front of the air box opening and syas right on it FOR WET RIDING All it does is close up the area where water could easly splash off the bottom of the tank and straight into the top of the air box.

Also are you running the drain for the air box open or with the plug/cap in for deeper water crossing you want it in.

If your air box has been modified ie holes drilled in the sides tape them up with gaffer tap.The air filter will not stop water from entering the carb,if water gets in the box then it will get into the carb

If the spark plug cap dosent fit tight around the HT lead and spark plug replace,get waterproof grease or dielectric grease and coat the wires to the coil,make sure the gromet at the stator is sealed as well as the CDI plug and kill switch

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm pretty certain that the HT lead and spark plug is fine as the problem goes away after I drain the carb.

By running like s##t I mean that the bike does not pull away well and when under load, i.e going up a hill it really struggles. The engine stops revving around 6000rpm and will not go any higher. It also sounds very rattely and often will stall on tick over.

I will be checking the air box to see if the water is getting in there. I also spoke to my bike mechanic and he mentioned about the carb air breathers!? Any one had any experience of re routing these?

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online