tyres on midnightstar

stewarty
This post is 3835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was told by insurance companies it would effect the insurance / possibly they wouldn't cover. I contacted UK Metzler as in the US they recommend a 180/70r16 as a "Stage 1" upgrade however they said they couldn't recommend this in the UK due to different regulations...

Aside from that, check out the Avon tyres, on the 1300 page they state a 180/65B16 81H replaces the standard one, however they also do a 170/70R-16 radial (see the 950 page on their website)

My personal choice with tyres is to always put on the size the bike manufacturers recommend as the bike has been designed from the ground up for those tyres.

I'm with Campaman on this you mess with the settings on your bike and the insurance companies will drill you a new arsehole. Any excuse not to pay out, and quite right to really as they insure your bike as it was from the manufacturer not how you have fiddled with it. You might get to insure it after you tell them what you have done but the premium usually goes up after a MODIFICATION.

Or, a favourite in the US (though I wouldn't recommend it) is to whack a 200 car tyre (darkside) on there as you get 20,000 miles... Although it may work in the US (and you can grind the boards in the twisties) they have relaxed insurance rules & I doubt you would get insurance here.

I would go for the 170/70r-16 Avon myself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online