TZR 50

mr perfect
This post is 4846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought this bike last in april for my sixteenth birthday.

2004 model

Surely people have had problems before. can anybody help???

1 year old, 600 miles, apparently still restricted.

The shop i bought it from also said they would derestrict it for me so i left it with them.

New jets and an already de-restricted exhaust later, 30mph

No charge though of course!! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Probably something to do with the CDI not sure about the new ones though, you may have to look for some wiring diagrams to derestrict it.

• 7 months later...

I bought this bike last in april for my sixteenth birthday.

2004 model

Surely people have had problems before. can anybody help???

1 year old, 600 miles, apparently still restricted.

The shop i bought it from also said they would derestrict it for me so i left it with them.

New jets and an already de-restricted exhaust later, 30mph

No charge though of course!! B)thats bullshit my tzr has got a full arrows exhaust system and a 21mm carb and it goes like fuck no other 50 has beat me yet and probely never will the speedo only goes to 50mph but in top gear at half revs it does 32mph all you do is doulble the revs it will do 62 mph

quick google brings up this;

http://www.bikez.com/msgboard/msg.php?id=20490&type=bike B)

looks like you up the main jet, or buy a malosi carb for £70. take out a cone in the exhaust and undo the tach to get to a rev limiter and cut the pink wire. Aparently these things can rev to 15000rpm (eek!)

must admit they look good

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone, have been looking around for ages to get hold of some fairings for my 2004 Yamaha TZR 50 but have had no luck so i thought i would try my luck on a forum.

Preferably i would like the entire set with fixings and mounts but i do have the fuel tank cover, 2 rear side panels and the front mud guard.

Doesn't matter if they aren't in the best condition as i can respray but as long as there intact!

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone, have been looking around for ages to get hold of some fairings for my 2004 Yamaha TZR 50 but have had no luck so i thought i would try my luck on a forum.

Preferably i would like the entire set with fixings and mounts but i do have the fuel tank cover, 2 rear side panels and the front mud guard.

Doesn't matter if they aren't in the best condition as i can respray but as long as there intact!

Thanks for your help!

This thread is 5 years old :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online