dt 175mx rattling

steven smith
This post is 3938 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can any one give us some advise ,i have a dt175mx and its rattling bad ,it sounds its worst when i back of the throttle and when i am costing between 4 and 6 ,000 rpm,please this is an engine issue not things loose or gaskets mnissing etc thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

My TwinShock was rattling on the over run as you describe, it turned out to be a badly worn small end bearing, I am not suggesting this is the fault your bike has but I would check for wear in this bearing as soon as I could, as in my case I had to split the crank and replace the connecting rod complete with all the bearings,

430148_3267415543064_1500584713_n.jpg

Nayruf you do know that Steve has now fainted don't you!!!!! :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Nayruf you do know that Steve has now fainted don't you!!!!! :crylaugh:

I hate to the 'harbinger of doom' but its what happend to my poor bike, when Steve hit the floor I hope he had his gum shield in as dentists are not cheap anymore, :spin2:

644047_3267415943074_1283618010_n.jpg

Aha but better to be warned than to go blindly un known and wreck a whole motor.

Could even be a broken piston,seen that before the skirt comes off and the dam thing stil runs,better to get some small bad news than no news at all.

True so true but you notice that he has not replied!!!! I bet he is in Hospital having his blood pressure taken and advice to not listen to strangers :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

hi i havent fainted yet

i,ve priced up the parts for a complete engine rebuild and it stands at £105 ,thats all new parts ,that not bad at all,i dont know how much a rebore is yet but its fare cheaper than a dentist and i can vouch for that ,fancey some pics ,its the trickest one around http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/2580758/

• Like 1

Handsome little bike you have there, so glad your on the mend :biglaugha: sounds like a plan and at that price got to be worth doing, good luck with your rebuild.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online