Thundercat before she goes...

GazzyG
This post is 3922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pic of my Thundercat before I chop her in for the XVS1300 next week.

img0010om.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice,,,, I like the cats,,,,hard to get a good one these days.

Did that screen throw the air over your head or did you get it in the chest ??

Nice,,,, I like the cats,,,,hard to get a good one these days.

Did that screen throw the air over your head or did you get it in the chest ??

Cheers bud! The screen's actually pretty good at deflecting the wind. Depends on how low you hunc as to whether it goes over your head.

Can cruise at, ahem, '70, officer' for ages on the motorway without too much strain.

Sad to get rid of it, but my main sport is powerlifting and it doesn't combine well with the hunched over position of a sportsbike.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that, looks much more comfy than my r6 haha

I like that, looks much more comfy than my r6 haha

I've had a sit on an r6. You're right lol - r6 is a much sportier, more compact riding position.

Would love a cat. Awesome bike.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Cat to anyone. Served me well.

Main reason I'm getting rid of it - I ride two-up a lot. My legs are short and the Cat is quite tall and top-heavy, especially two up. The 600cc engine doesn't enjoy hauling two of you through town either. Get it on the open road and it'll lunge along, mind.

I'm sure the 1300 Midnight Star won't be as fast or agile, but I'm hoping it'll be easier for me to handle and it'll make me smile in different ways :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online