licence advise

kearnsy123
This post is 3958 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I currently hold a provisnial A licence and have done my ibt and module 5 again and in ireland i am allowed drive any bike..i drive an fz6 fazer and a cbr f4i . im moving to the uk scotland soon and am wondering were do i stand on driving these bikes in uk on my current licence ??

Any advise would b great

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you need any motorcycle full licence I guess. no matter in what country you take this. if your licence allow you to ride your bike, you can go anywhere.

it would appear in Ireland its a bit different!!!!

They have a website dedicated it to http://www.irishbikerforum.com/forums/

heres a quote from someone asking something similar in their forum

Yes your instructor is right, you can change your learner permit for a new plastic card 'A' unrestricted permit and then complete IBT modules 1,3, & 5 (18-Hours).
You would have to do the training & test on an 'A' motorcycle min 595cc 40kw, most training schools can supply bikes for your training & test.

it seems a lot more complex now than when I passed my test thats for sure!

Yes ive changed my licence for the plastic type and also done the ibt and repeated the module 5 to lift the restrictions and am no able to drive any bike whatever the cc on a provisnal and will get away with this for at least 5years but thats only in ireland ... i reckon do my test bfore i go anywere

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online