Indicator issues

Brett92
This post is 3964 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right, i have a yamaha sr125 (82) and i cant seem to get the indicators working right whatsoever..

it uses a 2 pin indicator but i assume its screwed, the rear indicators will light up and not flash, but the fronts wont light up at all..

ive taken apart my relay to have a nose and they seem pretty basic so i cant see how this could break? i used a pair of pliers to make the 2 connections touch and the rears would light up, i let go.. and they go off, seems normal to me but they dont flash on their own and i still dont have front indicators?

any help appreciated, this is driving me nuts!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How much is a replacement relay? Couple of quid?

about a fiver for a relay but means having to wait for delivery, the indicators are just plugged into the loom, same as the relay, not sure where they go as of yet.. thats as far as i know, im quite well electrically and mechanically minded so if u have any suggestions, feel free to throw them at me

As it's both of the fronts that are not playing, my first reaction would be to check the common earth connection, check in the headlamp shell where both indicators should have a wire going into one connector.

Simplest check is to run a spare bit of wire direct from there to battery -ve, bypassing any dodgy earth mounts - if that works you just need to trace from the connector to it's earth mounting point, or just run a wire past it to a fresh earth point.

As it's both of the fronts that are not playing, my first reaction would be to check the common earth connection, check in the headlamp shell where both indicators should have a wire going into one connector.

Simplest check is to run a spare bit of wire direct from there to battery -ve, bypassing any dodgy earth mounts - if that works you just need to trace from the connector to it's earth mounting point, or just run a wire past it to a fresh earth point.

will try that soon :) thanks

the front indicators were definately down to the bad earth, i used a wire directly from the earth off the indicators to the battery, thanks kirriepete ;) as for the flashing, still no luck.. i have to operate the relay manually (ive got the shell off) so im guessing itll just be a new relay?