Some people

mucker1983
This post is 3959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well just a storey really was doing my cbt today loads of fun btw. and my instructor was saying that he had this girl to train yesterday and after falling off a geared bike and several hours on a scooter was told to go home. upon hearing this gave the instructor a tirade of abuse not his fault she cant ride for s**t.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you never know, maybe she needed transport for a job she wanted,

I'm doing safety training, it's a bit 'back to school' although definitely benefited from it

one or two of the trainers are a bit pedantic with their strict rules and critical manner

not saying your trainer was like that but I had to bite my tongue a couple of times :spin2:

Thinking back to the days when I was learning .... My instructor was like a moustached Sid James (for the younger folk, just google Carry on movies- have to remember I'm part I the old git brigade now). Every word was a swear word and yet he had a manner of NEVER losing his patience. Would call you a tit at times and laugh but in a way that made you laugh with him. Customers loved him.

Hmmm mixed feelings about this one- maybe the people i did my training with were just really chilled? or understood that i pretty serious making a 60mile trip each way. They were really understanding and didn't get pissed off at me ONCE (mind you i did NOT drop the bike) I would recommended them to anyone, and i will be going back there to do my full tests in just under 2 years time.

When i was waiting to do my mod2 in the test center we were watching another training school doing some practice of the mod 1 on the test 'track' when the young lady fell over on a 2011 plate bike, the guy was far from happy and his body language was very discouraging( he just stood there hands on hips looking mighty pissed off, waited for what felt like a good 10 seconds before helping her up)- we all know that she must felt like shit for falling off. no need to be a dick about it, accidents do happen and also these bikes are insured! The guy i learnt with even told me how much as i was bitching about car insurance at the time (turns out he was paying less to insure about 15-20 bikes fully comp then it was for me in a 1.4 car FIRE AND THEFT! )

Anyhow......... what im getting at is that maybe he wasn't making her feel as laid back about it as she might have been- lets face it doing a cbt without ever being on a bike is fucking scary and you are always think 'don't fall , 'don't fall' . But then again who's to say u have to be nice and chilled with people.

different teaching methods i guess. I'll stick with the one i went to by the sounds of it lol :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online