ybr 125 engine query

The Hippy
This post is 3983 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey there,

gear box has gone on my bike and i'm planning on switching out the engine, mines a 55 plate, will i have any issues if i use say a 2010 engine??? any help would be brilliant :)

Man of a few words here aren't we, try a little bit harder.

From what I know you would need a lot more than just the engine,2010 is fuel injected whereas your bike has a carb,you would be looking at getting all the fuel injection gear,pump,tank,and wiring. Its possible that the inlet for the injector is the same diameter as for a carb,but you would have to check that your wiring would be compatible as the injection models will have an ECU (electronic control unit) which may include the CDI (capacitor discharge ignition). On your bike this will be a separate "black box".

Not trying to blind you with science,but thought I would try and give you a sensible reply to help.

If it were my bike,I would look at replacing your engine with the same year if the gearbox is beyond your ability to repair.

Pete

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online