need advice on an engine swap

The Hippy
This post is 3974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there,

At the moment my bike is off the road because my gear box is broken. Anyone know any issues with switching an engine for a ybr 125, mines a 55 plate, is it ok to swith with say a 2010 engine???? Any help would be brilliant :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey hippy I know your new and the sub heading for the bar is open to interpretation but this is really a subject for the workshop forum

you'll get better reply's there mate

also your only 17 WTF you doin in a bar lol

that's OK wasn't able to answer your Q But I think it would be fine except for maybe a few electrics

the'res plenty of ybr owners on here who will know for sure

If I'm right your 55 plate is a carb model and the 2010 bikes are fuel injected but I'm sure everything else is the same. Maybe more electrical stuff but a look in the hanes manual for the year of the bike engine you are going to use could help

It must be cheaper and more sense to just change the gearbox components, after all it just means removing the old gearbox internals and replace with the same from another bike? not sure what the procedure is but if cost is an issue (which it is for most of us) then do the cheaper thing. Plus if you go to a newer engine then as above injection versus carb conversion can be a nightmare just getting the wiring right, not for me to say really but this is a case of LESS IS MORE.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online