Epic sodding mood!!!

sixsicksex
This post is 3970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

To be fair mate, it's the politics that have kept me away in the past, but after an intro and meeting this bunch, I'm quite happy with the fit and what seems like a lack of drama!!!! But got quite some time ahead of me as prospect so it's gonna be a lot if crap jobs and moaning from me for a while!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Based on your area, if it's the Club I think, then they're a decent bunch!

the politics can be a pain in the ass

but to be fair

hanging around going to runs and joining in .......worth it to watch the closeness amongst the members and see the fun had

prospecting ............hard work but good to learn about the club and the members

getting patched up ...............AMAZING !!

what you get

a loyal group of friends closer to you than you can imagine

friends who will answer your call of help at anytime trust me after my accident my brothers waited with my wife at a hospital 50mls away from home till 3am to take her home,collected all my belongings from my bike 300ml round trip and ran after us for 3 months till i could walk again all without complaint(had to endure months of slagging tho' haha)

i think personally people judge the wrong way when they see a patch(ours is worn on the upper front left side over the heart as such)

i've just came back from holiday at a family campsite(haven) were daily i wore my "cut" i do have long hair and covered in tattoos

to be honest i got some strange looks and had folks moving out of my way BUT after a couple of days with my granddaughter me running after her and playing saying hello to and talking to other parents

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ....................folks realised i'm a biker yea but i'm also a pleasent good mannered person

i wear my cut with pride

because i earned it

i wish folks would realise the work that goes into wearing a patch then they would maybe show some respect to us for a change

As well as being a member of this great club (YOC) i am also a member of a brotherhood called BOTB (Brothers of the bottle) this is a group that my step dad and 4 other of his mates started way back when in Germany, we only have two patches on the front left of our cut offs (still waiting for mine)

We got folks all over the UK and quite a few over in Germany roughly 150 ish of us. every year we go to on of the founding members house for a weekend, drink alcohol (out of a bottle tho thats the rules) listen to music and have a cracking time Saturday morning is ride out day, Sunday is piss it up day.

All in all Clubs are great to get into as long as you find the right one for you, as like Taskys post near the top, there is a lot of commitment needed in some which if your single, have no kids etc is perfect but if your a family man and that, then a full blown MC is not for you.

Soon i shall be a lone rider, will where my own patches that mean things to me that are nothing to do with a club. But i will always be a Brother of the bottle