Yamaha dtr earthed wire in the speedo HELP needed please

Lewisarron0808
This post is 3956 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people

I was told by a person on YouTube that if you earthed a wire behind the speedo your top end speed will be faster and I wanted to try it out, so had a look and there is a few wires there but didn't know what one it was so if anyone knows what wire I should be looking for could you help me out please

Cheers

Lewis

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dose it's matter what year it is mate as I have the new shape and ant got a rev clock

Cheers

I don't know much about the DT's but it does say *100% certain on 2004 + models* so i would think it will work. Good luck!

Yeah you should be fine, just go for it anyway!

There's a four pin connecting block with four wires going in and only three coming out, the one that doesn't go to anything should be black with a green line down it, clip this wire off and connect it to the frame

The connector block is behind the speedo, grouped with a load of other cables in a rubber boot.

You'll have to remove the front headlight and cowl to get to them.

As long as it's a nice clean connection it shouldn't matter.

Radiator mounting bolt is ok, or if you're good with a soldering iron you could connect it to your headlamp earth.

Basically anything that leads back to the neutral on the battery=earth

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online