XS250 exhaust (I'm a novice)

This post is 4009 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm new to the site and wondered if anyone could help me at all.

I am restoring/bobbing a 1980 XS250 and am looking for an exhaust. As far as I can tell/know, the XS400 and 250 engines are very similar.

Will an XS 400 exhaust fit an 250 at all?

Also, I'm going to lower the back end from 350mm which is what are on there at the mo to probably 280mm. Are the mounting sizes a universal size or will I have to buy some shocks especially for the XS250?

If anyone could help me I would be very great full.

Cheers, it is very much appreciated.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:999]

Joe

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

and your posting this in the new members welcome area because?........

hi Baily I realize your quite new to the forum, but an introduction please! a couple of line is all it takes, its considered a rude not to,

if you read the heading there is a clue as to what its for.

perhaps drewpy could move you to projects if you ask him nicely he is also the person you need to talk to

about your xs250 if he can't help you no one can.

The problem is, some of the regulars on the forum ( me included) can get a little fed up with people who post a question, get the answer, and are never heard of again. Not even to say thanks.

We are a friendly bunch really and tend to see the forum as a social outlet. We like it when people stick around and most of us tend to like pictures of things. Maybe most of us can't actually read.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online