2006 R6

Alex
This post is 6783 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thse Rover engines were a pain and costly to service anyway. If you want a new head gasket you have to skim the head as well, a friend of mine wanted a new gasket and was quote £500 by 2 garages.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thse Rover engines were a pain and costly to service anyway. If you want a new head gasket you have to skim the head as well, a friend of mine wanted a new gasket and was quote £500 by 2 garages.

thats the K series mate, mine was the HONDA engined version ;)

• Admin

Nearly all engines these days have alloy heads, i would be hard pushed to think of a car which you wouldnt need to get the head skimmed :unsure:

ally heads are a pain and some people do try get

away with skimming them but for 20-30 quid its

worth it!!

the old k series why rover uses plastic dowels in the

block and crappy gaskets why o why!

• Admin

Plastic Dowells!!! :blink: Well i suppose its only to locate the head to insert the head bolts but still! :blink::o

Plastic Dowells!!! :blink: Well i suppose its only to locate the head to insert the head bolts but still! :blink::o

No tellin' how much of a Bitch that would be if 1 of those Dowells snapped off! :rolleyes:

Funny actually, my area is poooor for bike garages. A guy I work with knows all there is to know about the bike market and I'd love to be a bike mechanic (and I'm actually looking at retraining for this). Fella I worked with recently mentioned in passing "We should open up a place round here".

I'll keep ye all posted. :lol:

funny you should mention that...i'm looking at retraining too...16yrs making bloody plastic has fried my head in :blink:

Well i left being a technican in 1992 and in 2004

i went back to working on cars was well differant

but best thing i did!!

Plastic dowels yes but with all the heat and getting

cold again it don't help..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online