yamaha dt athena 170cc kit

ahaywood93
This post is 4038 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive looked for a dt 230 engine but cant find any within the uk looks like there rare so im going to have to get the 170cc kit now i know how to fit it and im going to replace the bottom end and clutch (and the oil as some idiots rounded the sump bolt) aswell just to be on the safe side i just have one question if im correct (correct me if im wrong) the standard jet is a 210 in dt stock carb's would you recommend just up jetting one size or a few?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for the advice thats pretty much it i'll buy 5 of the next sized jets then and start from high to low going to buy a new crank and bearings, i know how to do the rest :) be stupid not to run everything in brand new think im going to get a new dep end can aswell the one that came with the bike looks years old and it bogs at 60-70 so i've ruled everything out but that, still get 30 - 40 quid on ebay for it though.