confirm year help

matasdad43
This post is 4063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i just bought an MX400B imported and it would appear that the frame is from a 1975 yz250 with the engine being a 1978 yz400, I would like to register this bike road legal but not on a Q plate if I can help it,

can anyone help with exact date of manufacture as Yamaha can only give me the above info....

thanks for looking at this post

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright mate

If you look down at the lower section of the forum dual/off road you'll see a thread titled re-registering a DT50. The guys give the name of an authorised dating agent. Try and contact him as you will need a dating certificate in order to get an age related plate.

I did it years ago with a Q plate xs1100 and all I needed was a letter confirming the year of manufacture (I got this from Yamaha UK) and again more recently with a 1959 Triumph. Same again, Dating cert, some photos and filled in a SORN form. No issues

Both bikes had matching Engine and Frames numbers, but I think they just count the frame number for an A/R Plate

hi

i just bought an MX400B imported and it would appear that the frame is from a 1975 yz250 with the engine being a 1978 yz400, I would like to register this bike road legal but not on a Q plate if I can help it,

can anyone help with exact date of manufacture as Yamaha can only give me the above info....

thanks for looking at this post

Mark

This has come up before. There was some sort of parts bin poaching going on with the 400's.

You can be pretty certain its an MX400. I will see if i can find the links to the site that had the numbers.

Do you know where it was imported from?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online