DT 125x exhaust advice (please)

finnerz89
This post is 4090 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, firstly apologies for this being my second post but I haven't had a lot of time spare recently.

So long story short the stock front pipe on my '07 plate dt125x is in need of some attention.

I currently have a Big One silencer fitted with a sleeve over the join.

Infor regarding the front pipe is as follows: anti vibration mount has unstuck, causing a bit of a rattle, I think this happened Xmas day when I hit some diesel and dropped her. Doh! This isn't so much of an issue however I found hole in the exhaust yesterday, around 6-8mm wide.

I was planning on changing the exhaust anyway just at a later date, so my plan has been moved forward somewhat.

So my question is this: which bloody exhaust do I buy for it?!

I was settled for a full DEP system, however after some mixed reviews regarding quality, performance gains (if any) and also price.

Another obvious choice would be a Big One expansion tank as that should fit onto my silencer without issue. This is also cheaper. However again I have the same queries as with the DEP pipe.

And my third option is a supposedly 'derestricted and repainted' stock pipe on eBay for a pretty good price.

Any advice/suggestions as to the best course of action?

Cheers Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cant fault the original pipes myself so long as whoever gutted it did a nice weling job afterwards, whichever you settle for if you neglect it...it will look bad at the header and rot away quickly which is what happened to yours..keep it clean with a regular wipe down and re-paint (even if its only the header) just as often as is necessary and it will last well

I'm swaying toward the stock pipe eBay job. Massive difference in price and I prefer the standard black look to the chrome of an aftermarket part.

And you're bang on, rotted at the header!

Don't suppose you'd mind taking a look at the part on flea bay?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, may have to give them a tinkle tomorrow.

Failing that I'll keep searching!

I suggest you ask NEV he's the guy to ask on here, That pipe is also missing the rubber mounting and sleeve by the way, see the big hole in the bracket...it goes in there so if you did buy buy it you'd have to get those too

If it is genuinely de-restricted ( as can be seen by welding back up) it's about the right money if it's in very good nick

There's some on adrenaline pedstop with decent ratings.

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/High_temperature_exhaust_paint__black-1027.aspx

Just been having a look at some part drawings, and as far as I can tell from the part numbers, the exhaust from a Dt125re is the same as the one for the SM version. Any idea if this is true?

Found some pattern exhausts on eBay, which are unrestricted, unlike the one i found previously!

Also thanks on the paint tip, going to snap a few cans up at the weekend.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online