XS250 idle screw snapped (Mikuni BS32)

trodd69
This post is 4093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I'm after some advice after buying a project XS250 (1981). I've cleaned all the carbs up and the only fault I've found is one snapped pilot screw which I can't really see how to rectify. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I was hoping to try and run the bike this week but I reckon that's out of the question now :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you are careful it can be drilled and an easy out may get the rest out but give it a good soak with Plus gas or something similar first.

It's the fine needle point that's snapped so a bit small for an easy out. I can't get to the back of the screw hole and was wondering if anyone had experience of this particular carb. I've heard they're a bit of a pig to get right so was hoping someone who'd encountered this problem before could pass on some tips. I'll post some pictures once I've figured out how to get them up on the forum.

never mind pics, how about an intro.

go to the user panel and fill in your details, might get more help that way.

If its been rammed down tight which snapped the needle off I would start looking for a carb as the metering seat will be damaged.

been there done that.

the only way to get it out is to push the thing through with a ground down nail. the pilot system runs too weak now with the shit, garages sell for fuel, so you need more of it for a good idle.

if you search this forum you'll notice its already been talked about

and an intro would be really appreciated too