dtr starting issues? electrics?

boysireed23
This post is 4032 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a dtr 125 54 plate it used to start firt turn even when cold.. went out to go for a blast the other day and it would not start.i took out the key and the lights and neutral light on the clocks were still lit. the bike starts when bumped and if i jump it it starts aswell but as soon as it stops it will not start again even aftewr a long run out..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is worth saying hi in the new members area. Makes a big difference to the replies.

I'd start by looking at the ig switch. Or/and the starter relay.

• 2 months later...

i am new to forums not sure how to say hi in members..switch all seems fine and relay is good tp i have been over all the loom and carnt find any problems.. could i put a secondry kill switch on the loom to stop it killing the battery

You post in the new members area and just say a littleabout yourself.

People never realise that this forum covers the pretty much all the main land masses worldwide. So saying where you are. What your bike is and your skill level make a big difference.

For yours. My guess is your battery is goosed.

• Like 1

Is there some kind of charging unit like an alternator? Is that what the magneto does? Could you say like on a car disconnect the battery to test said altenator/magneto like thingy?

i have a dtr 125 54 plate it used to start firt turn even when cold.. went out to go for a blast the other day and it would not start.i took out the key and the lights and neutral light on the clocks were still lit. the bike starts when bumped and if i jump it it starts aswell but as soon as it stops it will not start again even aftewr a long run out..

From your description, I cant see it being anything other than the ignition switch. When you switch off, it should disconnect the internal connections on the switch, no lights should be on

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online