universal tail tidy

ahaywood93
This post is 4140 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has anybody got any ideas on how i can fit a universal tail tidy kit of my dt's stock bracket i don't fancy drilling into the mud guard the bolts look tacky and the bikes not exactly looking the best as it is any ideas would be great

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what year dt is it? would help to know how the rear cluster is as it stand now..

i was looking into getting one of these for my dtr but instead i bought some small bulb short stalk clear lense indicators which made the arse look much more tidy (tried the led ones but there crap)

just remeber you still need a redn rear reflector to pass your mot

Try THIS, says its for all years

trouble with that one is it wont be suitable unless the brake light is on the top of the rear mudgaurd like in pic, mine is underneith and im not sure on the op's bike.

ken

i changed the rear indicators on my XT and went for LED there plenty bright enough and don't stick out too much there only about four and a half inches long and just over half an inch of that goes inside the bike anyways. i will get some pics eventually but at the moment my bike is in the shed in pieces, too the point where i wont even be able to turn the indicators on.

ALSO i have only bothered changing the rear ones for now as the handlebars seem to protect the front ones abit better

i used these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-MOTORCYCLE-12V-16LED-TURNING-SIGNAL-INDICATOR-LIGHT-BULB-W-FLASHER-RELAY-Z52-/180972434249?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a22cc3349

4 for a tenner cant knock that? and at least two of them have worked hahah, i'm sure i saw the exact same ones in the NEC bike show for £15 a pair

yeah i have 2 of them on the front and my tail tidy kit has them exact ones on it already installed i just need to think of a way to fix the hole tail tidy to the bike without screwing it into the mud guard

im not being funny but them cheap led indictaors for me i didnt like them, rubbish build quality and the wires where so thin and brittle i have them in my garage now 2 sets

i bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221045128080?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i wasnt expecting them to be any cop but the wires where more flexable and looked much nicer on my dt seems to suit the sqaure lines of the indicators also brighter than the led's i bought.

pics of bike, got 2 with clear lense lights

Ive got a xt125r yamaha my headlight went out then bike cut out if i take relay out ignition comes on and bike runs but no headlight wen i put relay back in bike cuts out as ignition goes out iv tried new relay but stil same

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online