sparky67 new member

sparky67
This post is 4169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi sparky. :welcome: to the YOC!

hi there!!

i have a dt125r 2004 fully derestricted, good little bike just about to do a topend rebuild on mine over christmas time!!

is yours standard and restricted?

cheers

ken

Not be long then you will be asking how to derestrict it lol!!

I thought mine was when I first got it turns out it had a limiter in the back of the clock now she pulls even quicker but I'm like you and trying to get used to it.

It's more helpful having full use of the power valve and full rpm to pull up the hills and overtake otherwise you look like a penis when the said car puts his foot down mid overtake.

Good little bikes though, can't wait for green laining summer time

Hi there

I don't know the mixture as I use the oil pump on my bike, I just fill up the tank and off she goes!

I take it your pump doesn't work??

There are a lot of people using different oils and swear by them and to be honest I've used 3 different kinds all fully synthetic and reputable brands none of this cheap nasty stuff-think the last stud I bought was £14ish for 1 ltr.

Some people swear by halfords fully synthetic but I go for the racing fully synthetic.

Ill have a look on my amazon account and see what the last kind I bought was.

Ken

look on ebay pal they have brackets to lower the arse end for the shorter people, im 6ft 2 so looking at jacking mine up lol!!

post up some pics when you get it!!

catch you later pal

ken