yamaha XT 125 rear brake

welshwan
This post is 4210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there i havent had this bike all that long on about the 3rd week i noticed my back brake was dead, the only resistance in the brake was the spring that brings the lever back up. so i brought it to a stop hopped off and had a look, i noticed that the rear brake fluid reservoir was broken (i would imagine id caught it with my boot getting on or off the bike). so i took it home and removed the reservoir and glued it back together (nice and air tight) left it over night to dry and put it back on the bike the next day.

Then I went on the fill the reservoir up with brake fluid and bleed the brake. this is where the real problem comes up, it ill not bleed properly there is fluid coming out of the bleeding nipple after its been pumped a few times and the brake is down (thats how i believe ur meant to do it ) then close the nipple and pump the break up again and repeat? well it keeps bleeding and bleeding but the brake it not getting any firmer and its not actually making the pads move at all, there for i have no rear brake, after half an hour of this i thought that there is 100% something wrong here and decided to just screw the reservoir back tightly onto the bike and leave it to have a think about what could be at fault, as i am tightening up the reservoir back it fucking snapped again!!!!

also when pumping the break small air bubbles are going up into the reservoir , is this ment to happen as i dont think it is? (this was before i managed t break the reservoir for the 2nd time)

so what th heck is wrong with my bike? LOL

any suggestions as to what it might be would be very much appreciated! also any idea where i can get a new reservoirfrom would be great, iv been scouring ebay for days and days, might i have to make a call to the dreaded yam dealer?

thanks for your time, effort and expertise :)

i have put a bit of plastic bag over the brake pipe and elastic banded it on nice and tight. it will have to do for now.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just realized this should have probably gone in the 'Yamaha workshop' part, if someone can let me know how to move it i will ASAP , sorry gang...rookie mistake :eusa_doh:

1 buy a new reservoir

2 fit it

3 tell us when it's done and we'll talk you through the bleeding process :)

Pumping is a nono though...just gently press the brake pedal...then undo the nipple...the brake pedal moves down and stops....close the nipple...let the pedal up...repeat...keep the reservoir topped up

Lots of different bike use tthe same res dosent have to come off a xt.

LOL yeah probably should have been step one from the get go however im a tight git hahahah! no problemo man, ill pick this thread back up when i get a new reservoir. i will go hunting online now. :D thanks Airhead!

Lots of different bike use tthe same res dosent have to come off a xt.

agreed! i think ur right there matey (i was told this by my uncle) ,does the size make a difference to the function of the brake? if not i just need to make sure its the same shape and the tube comes strait out of the bottom not at an angle? hmm ebay here i came! cheers DT u may well have saved me a few dollars there! B)

Whist you are waiting for it get some plusgas and spray the parts you know you are going to have to unbolt. It will give it time to help free these.

Another tip is to change things like brake pins, bleed nipples and bolts to stainless ones as they won't corrode and seize. This makes any further work on these parts a lot easier.

hey sorry its taken a while to reply but iv sprayed the parts which i think i will have to unbolt, didn't use plusgas though as i have none (just used whatever was in the shed not sure what it is but iv yet to find a bolt it couldn't loosen up)

I have only just got round to ordering the reservoir this evening, so hopefully it will be with me Thursday but we shall see (fingers crossed :) )

I will defiantly be getting the stainless steel bolts kit in the next few days GREAT RECOMMENDATION as damn near all the factory fitted ones are rusted it's mainly surface but still makes the bike looks alot rougher then it needs to be).

Changed the oil and tightened the chain today This was the first oil change since its been mine , and fucking hell did it need it, in the future i will always check the oil on bikes i'm thinking of getting and/or as soon as i get it. poor poor bike. cant be 100% sure if its in my mind or not but seams to go abit nicer too.

ITS HERE! Turned up this morning if only id have got out of bed i could have at least popped it onto the bike! <_< But unfortunately now i have to go to work. i think i will put it on after work but will have to wait until tomorrow to fetch some brake fluid as i bought some for the first time i tried to fill the reservoir but left it in my uncles garage DERP :eusa_doh: hahaha.....i'm getting there

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online