The question asked a 100 times.

Ady6171
This post is 4244 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

O.K chaps i,ve been riding for about 3 years on and off,mostly a 125 and then a cbf500 for about 3 weeks,now i want to get a bigger bike,i,m no youngster and would be called middle aged by most.I have been looking at a fz6 but have been told that i would soon get sick of this bike with having to change gear to often when touring doing the motorway journey,s they have said get the fz1 but do you guy,s think there would be too much torque in this bike having only ridden what i have or would you think i should be o.k.

PS i have no desire to be a boy racer at my age,just want to be lazy as to not have to change gear when overtaking on the long journeys.

Regards Ady

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So you don,t think i,d need to change gear to often when overtaking on the longer journeys,also just how much different is the torque on a 1000 to a 600.I would also assume when i want to have a bit of fun at the weekend the 600 would be easier to throw into the corners with been lighter or am i wrong with that assumption.

Regards Ady

just thought i'd chime in and leave my mark, considered an FJ1200? neat looking bikes imho and can be picked up for peanuts with bulletproof engines.

my XJ600 was perfectly happy in 6th gear most of the time on motorways, bet then again im about 9.5 stone, depending what sort of shape you are in (round is a shape, btw) you may need to drop to 5th when in a hurry, the bloke i sold my XJ to was about twice my age, 6ft3 and twice my weight... when he rode off on that bike it looked similar to a bear on a honda 50

Well i,ve got to say add about another 5 stone and you will be on a par with me lol,so i,m no feather weight.Must admit i used to like the fj but it,s getting on a bit now was kind of looking at about a 2007 onwards bike,it,s mostly a case of do you think a fz1000 is a safe option only been used to 125,s and a 500 for a while.

Regards Ady

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online