Hello everyone

DT175 1978
This post is 4255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt.

I'm working on restoring a 1978 DT175E - It's just like the bike I had 20 years ago when I was a teenager.

I'm cartainly no mechanic, in fact I often wish I was better, so that is part of my thinking on restoring a 34 year old bike - to develope some more mechanical skills and to live out my memories of the days before my back and knees hurt.

Anyway - I jumped right into a techncal (kind of) question in the Yamaha Workshop forum and got a super quick answer from what turned out to be a mod. (I think I'm going to like this place.) and now I thought I better go back and introduce myself properly to the group.

This seems to be a great forum and I look forward to participating (I'll warn you now - there's more questions coming about this '78 Enduro of mine...)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Matt! I have little to no experience and am restoring a 1976 DT 175... we may be in a similar boat. :thumb:

You can always post up a project thread too so we can watch your progress. :)

Hi Matt welcome :biglaugha: to the nut house :biglaugha: you won't have any trouble getting info and help for the project ,infact most anything you need to know is probably been covered before.But fire your ???'s away

Hi Ive just joined the forum and so pleased to see so many keen DT owners. Ive restored my DT175 a couple of times as Im a keen green laner ( UK off road) and its been on its knees a few times. It has risen phoenix like again this time as a DT 125. If I have some knowledge to help I will.