dragstar 125

bennyboy1
This post is 4253 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

while I had the tank lifted up about 2 inches at the back today so that I could adjust the mixture I accidentally pulled a black wire off the rear of the carb, it came from up under the tank and had a bayonet fitting on the end,

I managed to get it pushed back on where it came from ( the centre of carb at the rear )but what does this wire do ?

It was only off for about a minute while the engine was running but I did notice that the idle seemed smoother with it disconnected.

Has the carb got some sort of electrical heater or similar ?

If so can it run without it ??

If not what is the wire for ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer it might be the carb heater, (helps to start the bike in the cold) best to leave it on as its obviously been put on for a reason lol

It is not doing any harm being on i suppose, just wondered what it was and why the idle would be different with it disconnected ??

I have had many bikes small and large over the years , have rode in all weathers and never had a heated carb, or felt the need for one before,

Then you have not ridden in cold enough weather! :-)

Even with carb heaters, I sometimes get carb icing on my bike. Go out when the standing temperature is -7ºC and blaze down the motorway a couple of hours.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online