restamping vin number after my bike was stolen

Adam Jones
This post is 4193 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just had a quick look through the thread. Not right that you end up paying for some theives work. I would be careful about re stamping your own. Could end up with more problems than before if anyone finds out. A new frame and log book will be around £200. Have you asked the police if there is any kind of victims of crime compensation to cover it? Or your insurance company. Keep us posted with where you get too.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry aint been on here for a while just an update the bike is almost ready for the mot now the frame has been restamped by a friend who works in a bike garage I haven't actually seen it because he's took the bike away to do the work. The bike now has a new loom which me and the friend made from scratch, it has new lights new indicators and all that lol and also I've given it a nice new paintjob not the best but better than what the thieves did to it. Oh it's also had new fork seals and new tyres :) just really hoping I get away with the frame number does anyone know how thoroughly they actually check the number because even before it was stolen it was hard to read

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

the frame number is the most important number as that id's the bike. I have an NOS case on my bike and never got it stamped. Been like that for 4 years now :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online