Key barrel thingy??

slice
This post is 4294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all, need a bit of advice, I have got hold of a nice shiny petrol cap, the one on the bike at the moment is rusty and horrid, so I am trying to change the key mechanism out of the barrel but no matter what I do it wont come out, tried poking it prodding it and even talked to it nicely but no joy it seems to be in there for ever, it must come out but for the life of me I can't see how, do any of you know what holds the bugger in there and can I in fact change it? My thought is that at some time some little japanese guy put the thing in there so it must come out but as above can't see how. ANY help much appreciated. Thanks All. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its probably pressed in, or you may need to have the key in the barrell to actually withdraw the pins and allow the barrell to be pushed out, i think on my XJ turbo cap i pressed it out on a bench press, machined a recess in the bottom of the barrel and put a circlip in to hold it permanently

Thanks Foamy, I did wonder if it might be held in place by a clip that I can't see, I have the key so will give it a go in the vice. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online