crashed bike help urgent

jeannette
This post is 4242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

he now has a golden chance to learn alittle about maintaing and mending/ modifying his ride. get him to look at the parts and try to figure out how he will fix them.. dont you do it all, make him do some...

if he does it labour = nothing and expeience = priceless...

+1 (I think he'll thank you for it later)

Good luck to you regardless of the route you choose. :)

Glad your son is okay! Sounds like the accident was quite a mess... it could have been much worse.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Thanks again for the help. After a long chat with my Lad he decided that selling the bike was best. He felt it would not be the same riding it after the way things had happened. He would feel bad because his mates bike is beyond repair !

However the bike sold for 720.00 on ebay.

I just hope it goes without any Drama as I'm not a fan of selling things...

My son is going to start again on a new bike, he is getting a second job and going to start riding again soon (Im not too happy) This time i will go fully comp and we will both put it down as a learning curve & experience but he is actually a very good rider its just some of the car and lorry drivers LOL....He now has an Audi phobia thank god I drive a ford fiesta.

We will get another Yamaha ! But not from West London Yam... This morning I called him up. Said I was sending a lorry to collect bike, he asked How much that costing? I told him about ebay...He said hold the line, came back and said , To help you out come and a get a cheque for £ 600

I took it...was getting to the point where the bike was causing me a lot of stress !................... But won't ever go to that store again !

We will get another Yamaha ! But not from West London Yam... This morning I called him up. Said I was sending a lorry to collect bike, he asked How much that costing? I told him about ebay...He said hold the line, came back and said , To help you out come and a get a cheque for £ 600

I took it...was getting to the point where the bike was causing me a lot of stress !................... But won't ever go to that store again !

My son is doing his Bike theory next week. he says he will then be doing a mod 1 and 2 and will get better bike he already has some cash saved (I never knew that lol) he wants an R6 says they stop better !!! he will say anything to keep me quiet

I would personally suggest he gets more 'road' experience under his belt before worrying about his license and getting an even faster bike. Perhaps something for £600 and see how he goes after 12 months. He'll probably be in a better position then (more experience), to take his test and should anything happen again, it's a £600 bike and not another one that costs thousands.

Just my take on.

...says they stop better...

It's also a good idea to have plenty of room between you and the guy in front of you. :D

It's also a good idea to have plenty of room between you and the guy in front of you. :D

Exactly why I would suggest more road experience. You need to be able to anticipate the road and other drivers so you can read what's happening and react to it. That only comes with experience and not a 600cc (R6), 160mph sports bike that does 0-60 in less than 3 secs!

Exactly why I would suggest more road experience. You need to be able to anticipate the road and other drivers so you can read what's happening and react to it. That only comes with experience and not a 600cc (R6), 160mph sports bike that does 0-60 in less than 3 secs!

I love that bike..... Maybe I should start riding.

Damn those bike cams.

Bikes = (Excitement + Fun + Speed + Camaraderie + Adrenaline + Addictiveness) - A tiny bit of danger.

Easy to see why they are hard to shake off once they get a grip of your soul.

I love that bike..... Maybe I should start riding.

Love the R6? They are nice looking bikes. :) You should start riding... get yourself an R6 and your boy can have the moped you suggest. I'm sure that would go over well. :biglaugha: like DirtyDT said once they get hold of you it's hard to shake. :)

True Sacha!

Jeannette is a fully fledged member of the forum now.

You wait, she will be starting a project thread soon.

Here is a big warning to all those thinking of getting a larger bike and restricting it ,This came from the local training school, If new EU regs come in next year that will be illegal as it will be a performance modification and that will not be allowed , yes i know it is down powering it , but as they say rules are rules, so it maybe a wise idea to get a sub 33 bhp bike rather than a bigger one and restrict it, and of the new law comes in 33bhp standard bikes will shot up in value i reckon

NOW I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FOOTAGE OF THE CARSH, NOT SURE I WANT HIM IN BIKE EVER AGAIN : (

THANK GOD SOMEONE HAD HELMET CAM

Because of this statment,,,,, i now know he is not very experienced and needs to learn A LOT.

You can start of by teaching him the value of money,,,,,,, make him earn and pay for Everything to do with bikes.

Road experience comes with time,,,,,but if knows the price of fixing a crashed bike that cost him so much in the first place he might think twice as to the way he rides.

Stand firm my dear,,,,, he will thank you in years to come

Because of this statment,,,,, i now know he is not very experienced and needs to learn A LOT.

You can start of by teaching him the value of money,,,,,,, make him earn and pay for Everything to do with bikes.

Road experience comes with time,,,,,but if knows the price of fixing a crashed bike that cost him so much in the first place he might think twice as to the way he rides.

Stand firm my dear,,,,, he will thank you in years to come

Oh it was not the experience thing it was seeing his mate cut across him to avoid the stopped car, my son brakes hard and my poor boy hitting the tarmac ! Yes the money thing is a big thing too . He is saving already lol. And already looking for a 2nd job to do around college

As for me I am liking the Fazer right now. Not sure what my old ladies will say when they see their local nurse in leathers on a bike !!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online