FZR600R

honeybadger
This post is 4151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all recently bought a fzr600r as a project for over the winter,the front forks stantions are pretty pitted guessing my options are new forks or is a re chrome the better option? Any other tips for restoring this bike would be appreciated. cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i found that the cost of having the stanchions ground and re-chromed was almost the same price as new stanchions. do some research and see.

i went for the new ones as i figured brand new ment no little bends or nastys hidden,, where as having the old ones reworked with what ever milage ect behind them was a bit silly

cheers beef, makes sense on another topic my fzr has been sat open to the elements and the engine has grown a coating of white fur substance it comes off with a wipe but looking for a product that will really bring it back willing to put the effort in just dont want to make my life harder than it needs to be any input would be great. cheers

• 3 months later...