sr250 cutting out

skik
This post is 4311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the last few times i went out for a run on my sr250 it cut out after 15-20 miles.it was like i had flicked the kill switch.it starts up again ok but keeps doing it now and again.today though it started up again but after a big backfire.where do you think i should start looking?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do you run an inline fuel filter?

sounds like your getting crap in the carb

is your tank venting properly skik...can you hear air being sucked in after you open the cap following a ride?

i don't have an inline filter,must put one on.as for air sucking in,never noticed as i checked to see if i had run out of fuel but will check again and let you know.also will clean out carb.

is your tank venting properly skik...can you hear air being sucked in after you open the cap following a ride?

cant hear any sucking.right.carb taken off and cleaned.no sign of water.new plug,not new but filter cleaned with filter cleaner,oiled and put back on,battery charged and ht lead sprayed.took it for a run and only got about 1/2 a mile when it cut out.started straight up again first push of the button.so took it home again.starting to think its electrical because of the backfire last time.could it be it stopped sparking,fuel still going into cylinder,resparks,to much fuel,bang heance backfire right icon_question.gif .anyway took off headlight,tank,seat and side panels.started bike and looked at all wires and connections.could'nt see anything wrong.shook and played around with wires but nothing happened.so maybe not electrical.what next????