Help please, I need a 0.75 oversize piston for my DT 175

This post is 4307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, my engine has been at the shop for about 2 months now (really crap service) think he has had some staff issues anyhow the problem now is that it is bored out to .75 over and it appears they have now discontinued this size, I was hoping to avoid a re bore but unless anyone knows where I can find one this seems my only option to go up to 1mm oversize, I have trawled ebay and spoke to yambits so before I go down the re bore route I thought id see if any of you knowledgeable lot could help out, Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Give these guys a ring, they restore TY's. The175's use the same engine and as such pistons.

Good guys, they don't like pattern parts so it may be a sitting down job, don't expect 20 quid.

But they know their stuff.

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/

Thanks folks, don't mean to sound ungrateful but I dont really want to wait 3 more weeks for the piston to arrive from America and at that price it would be cheaper to bet it bored out to 1mm, ill phone ty trials tomorrow, they look promising and I was thinking of getting some progressive fork springs - looks like they may be able to help with that to, cheers to you both.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online