XVS950 model year

artisan
This post is 4342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looks like i'm going to be buying myself a brand new Star but i have a minor question,it seems the 2011 & 2012 black bikes have a satin finish trims on the tank & rear fender + black fork bottoms,where as the one in the showroom has chrome trims with silver fork bottoms.

i'm pretty sure this one is actually a 2010 model,am i right chaps ?

if it is am i being reasonable expecting a discount since it's 2 years old really ?

i'm not too bothered to be honest as i actually prefer the chrome trims anyway but i am a Yorkshire man & so tight as Moby Dick's ring piece.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From Yamaha's website the 2011 & 2012 models have black lower forks, whereas 2010 has silver. It depends on how much the dealer has it priced, but you could always try and haggle down as it is an older model. See if there are any other differences too. It could be a UK thing only (US website has them silver) but my 1300 had issues with the lacquer getting water under it & webbing. Yammy replaced them & I powdercoated the new ones so maybe that's why they now do them black?

Earlier this year I bought a "new" 2009 1300A, unregistered and zero miles for £6500 against a current list price of 8-8.5k so yes, a discount should be expected.

A Yamaha dealer can tell the date of manufacture from the VIN number so ask him to be sure.

cheers chaps,my local dealer is quoting the full 2012 price for this bike,mind he's given me a very good trade in price for my GSR600 but i'm pretty sure i can push him a little more yet

Is there another dealer nearby? I'd go to at least two or three dealers and get them to earn your cash...

Is there another dealer nearby? I'd go to at least two or three dealers and get them to earn your cash...

unfortunately there's none that are particularly close,but i'm am very tempted to buy a Harley as I got a pretty decent offer from the dealer in Leeds yesterday & the wife just loves them,mind so do I as I have owned 4 H'D's previously.

That dealership is quite new as last 2 went bust. I maybe biased but also check out the XVS1300... Colin Applyard also stocks XVS950 & their Leeds shop is next to Thunder City which does Victories

i used to deal with the previous incarnations of that dealer & am quite happy to buy off the "new" dealership,i know a couple of people who work there too.

i'v really fallen for the new sportster 72 & am going to check it out tomorrow with a view to buying one.

as for the Yam' i've given up on that for now but who knows if things don't work out at Leeds i may just check out Applyard's,one thing for certain though i'll not be buying from my local dealer who expect me to pay £6999.00 for a "new" bike that is really 2 years old,they refuse to move on the price too no wonder they aren't selling much.

cheers

That's bizarre, I guess business must be good for Yamaha Harrogate?

Good luck on the purchase :)

That's bizarre, I guess business must be good for Yamaha Harrogate?

Good luck on the purchase :)

cheers mate.

apparantly they aren't selling much at all I wonder why.

got sorted at HD Leeds & am picking up my new bike new saturday morning all being well (the bike is in the wharehouse in Belgium) can't wait.

Glad u got sorted. Post a picture when you get the bike