125 Two Stroke Sports

Grouch
This post is 4381 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a Yamaha XT 125 X and while I love it, I now want a two stroke sports bike. I want a two stroke simply because they are a lot faster. Before I bought my XT I wanted an Aprilia RS but couldn't find one local to me, so settled for my XT.

I am looking to spend about £1000 - £1500, I was looking at TZR's which I must admit look the business. What would you suggest?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So my XT won't hold it's value? I thought it would. I would rather let it stand in a garage than sell it for a loss. I've already got a few hundred in it.

Go for an rs, easier to get a good one for a decent price than the tzr. Id go for one that is still restricted and de restrict it myself and add an arrow pipe on etc.

Xt 125s do seem to go pretty cheap now days, youd have to keep hold of it for quite a long time to gain a few hundred back. Youre better off selling it now rather than later imo.

I'm not selling my XT I want a two stroke as well as that. If and when I do sell it I don't want to make a profit, I just don't want to lose out on hundreds of pounds. The RS's do look really nice and are fast. I saw a dark silver one the other day and it was well mint, it didn't look like a 125, it looked bigger. I probably will get an RS.

Is it an easy job derestricting them?

The rs would be a good choice,

http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31334

looks straight forward to de restrict as well which is a bonus.

I would recomend trying some green laning with the xt, its great fun and will make you a better rider on the road.

Cheers, I'm learning bits and bats already. I think I will end up with an RS I'm not rushing into it though. I want a silver one. Not sure what models they are. I have been thinking about green laning, I'm not sure where there are official spots though, and what the rules are. I know where there's plenty of woodlands, country tracks etc.

If you want to get into green laning you can either get involved with the trf or buy an os map of your area and look up all the byways close to you (might not be many) but its a start to get you going legally.

Theres always the Cagiva Mito as well which is worth considering, my brother used to have one and they do really look the part.

I've seen them and they do look good. There's quite a few 125 sports bikes to choose from, I've just been looking at NSR's which look good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online