old local bike pics

mervin
This post is 4440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Back in the seventies and 80,s there was a bloke riding a bike (possibly BSA Bantam) around north devon taking loads of black and white pics, a few of the pics have been digitally archived (about 17000 ) I think and are seachable I found them this morning when looking for a picture of Les Smales bike shop the first of the pics i think is James Raviliouses Bantam with a yoof looking at it in les,s shop

JR0373-9.jpg

250/400c in it taken at little america bideford in 1978

JR0938-17.jpg

and someones lovely new suzooki GT250 Ramair ? in Chumleigh 1975

JR0435-26A.jpg

Both of the bikes are no longer around according to the DVLA

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes Drewps not a lot of bike pics really but some real interesting ones of the north devon of the seventies and eighties

I know you where in Combe Martin at that time

the JR website http://www.jamesravilious.com/gallery.asp

Beaford archive http://www.beaford-arts.org.uk/archive/

if you search words in the box it will bring up pictures with that word I:E motorbike will bring motorbike pics, Combe Martin will bring combe martin pics or click the map and choose a location to look at the pics from that area

Small world Mervin

I live just around the corner from the first photo

Great find on the website...

calf street torrington now the site of a housing estate eh , not seen Rick for years, exchanged afew emails with Andy a couple of years ago though

yes Drewps not a lot of bike pics really but some real interesting ones of the north devon of the seventies and eighties

I know you where in Combe Martin at that time

the JR website http://www.jamesravi...com/gallery.asp

Beaford archive http://www.beaford-a...org.uk/archive/

if you search words in the box it will bring up pictures with that word I:E motorbike will bring motorbike pics, Combe Martin will bring combe martin pics or click the map and choose a location to look at the pics from that area

couldn't find any in Combe Martin. I was prob too fast for him to take a picture.

I used to watch Alex Buckingham race his 250 bike as he used to spanner in Ilfracome where I was a butcher. Used to buy my tyres etc from him.

I’m up the other end where the cavaliers have the bonfires

Hi Drewpy wasn’t there a bike museum in Combe Martin many years ago?

there was, in a chaps cottage he converted a forge i think it was. not there now, in fact all of Combe Martin has changed to Combe Martin retirement village.

Only Monicas shop left and all the local characters have all died and replaced with daytime telly watchers! :shakeno:

I’m up the other end where the cavaliers have the bonfires

Down by the mackelly,s or whatever it is called grub van then , I often stop for a bacon and egg roll and cup of tea there when i am out for a ride, gotta be done Torrington is pretty central, same as if i go to Bude, Smiffy,s cafe on kings hill cannot be missed, (they are friends and ex neighbours though)

Merv

Wasnt the weather always nicer in the old days! Even when i was a boy i can remember always wearing shorts

what has happened since.

Down by the mackelly,s or whatever it is called grub van then , I often stop for a bacon and egg roll and cup of tea there when i am out for a ride, gotta be done Torrington is pretty central, same as if i go to Bude, Smiffy,s cafe on kings hill cannot be missed, (they are friends and ex neighbours though)

Merv

Don’t think mackelly,s knew what hit them today

Buzzing with bikes at lunch

Look like a decent ride out as they all turned up together