Dash illumination XJ600S

Marc001
This post is 4486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have recently aquired a 2000 xj600s diversion which does not have any illumination to the dash area for the speedo and tacho. All other bulbs are working ie, headlight, indicators etc. What type of bulb do i need, how many, and are they easy to replace. Is it likely its a bulb or a fuse which may be the cause?

Many Thanks

Marc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Marc

There are three bulbs to cover the speedo and tacho.

I have changed mine in the past but it's not a five minute or easy job. It entails removing tha fairing/headlight/indicator assy.

Your best bet is to buy a Haynes manual and follow their instructions. Money well spent, if you take it to a bike dealer it will cost more than the price of the manual and you've always got it for future reference.

Maybe not the answer you wanted but hope it helps.

Mike

Hi Mark, Mike is right about it not being a 5 minute job, and it's bloody difficult to get the thing to split apart without breaking it, so advice is whatever you do do it slow and careful, first tho check that the fuse is not faulty and that the earth is ok BEFORE taking the damn thing apart, check behind the head light to make sure that all the plugs and such are clean and connected they get cruddy from rain and dirt even with all the panels in place, buy some switch cleaner to get them nice and clean but also check for broken wires and connectors. Christ I could go on for hours about the things you need to do so do one thing and then move on DON'T try to do all the jobs at once, hope that helps some. Martin :jossun:

P.S Buy a Haynes for your bike it will make things much easier and will have all the dimensions and bulb types for your bike.

Thanks, do you know the type of bulb that is required. Cheers.

Again, the Haynes manual will tell you. I think from memory they are 12v 1.7w

If you do it yourself, and I hope you do. When you get the bulbs out you can see exactly what they are and go to Halfords and get the replacements.

Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online