New member and new rider after bike info please

trigger85
This post is 4543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all members, I recently passed my das in August and got myself an xj600 s diversion 94 plate as my first bike, it's not running at mo but it's a good project with only 14000 miles on clock, on the right hand side of bike on the end of the crankshaft is a round black cap/seal in the centre of the crankshaft housing. My one is leaking oil and is not sealed, I've tried findin a spare on the net but no sign of anything like it, so I would like some info on whether I can get a new one or the best way to seal it back in. Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Trigger and welcome to the YOC, It might be best if you keep you comments on this part of the site to who you are and what you ride THEN got to "workshop section" and post your query there, some peps get annoyed if you roll up and start asking questions when you have only just arrived, next take photos of the offending bit and post it to the site and THEN ask what it is and how do I stop it leaking, better yet put ALL your info on the bike into a question, year-type-problem and wait for someone to get back to you, they are nice guys on here but will eat you alive if you get it wrong. :jossun:

I apologise for writing on the wrong wall (not the first and wont be the last lol) thanks for ur greetings and Dirtydt ive seen that diagram but unfortunately its not actually showin the piece i need.

what i will do is take advice from above and post it in the right place and add pics (if i find out how)

Trigger

No worries. Ridden a few Divi's, never owned one. All I can remember is that they seemed tall and thin and the fuel caps used to whistle a lot.

Stick a thread in the workshop section. First page and scroll down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online