Hello!

G6314
This post is 4551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all!

I'm George from Uxbridge in London, recently bought a YBR-125 with the intention of learning on this and moving onto bigger and better things early next year. Perfect time of year to start riding...

I'm sure you've never seen a stock one before so here is a photo of the beast (apologies for the shocking quality):

IMAG0159.jpg

Plan is to keep it stock, moving onto something a bit bigger (considering an SV650/R6 - with more experience obviously!) before my CBT runs out next spring.

I ride (push) bikes a bit, into mountain biking (XC) and a bit on the road, plus recently attempted a CX race, so anyone who wants to meet up for a ride gimme a shout!

I drive a Mk1 Skoda Fabia vRS when not cycling or riding, planning on a few engine mods next year, with only a few handling/braking upgrades atm.

Any advice on local meets (does anyone go up Ace Cafe at all?), riding tips or comments welcome!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i started onthe same bike then when i passed my test moved onto a gs500 (wish i hadn't) now 2 months after passing my test am the proud owner of a 1999 r6 and as long as you treat her with respect youll be right been rididng it for a couple months now and taking baby steps but really enjoying it good luck with the test hope ya pass soon

Thanks again mate - yeah I'm getting used to the riding, will be for a long time! I'm taking the baby steps as you say, just to get used to it before going too crazy!

Welcome Geordy " ,, Nice wee bike,,, wen upgrading, have a test ride ,,as the differnce between a Sv650,[V twin] and inline 4 cylnder... is massive,,

ie, engine braking, [ of the VEE] smoothness, [ Of the 4,] The fabia,, is seriously quick ,,,, u cardick you :babyha: ..... seen it on 5TH gear,,,wasted older super cars, :eusa_whistle:

Cheers guys,

I was recommended getting the sv (from someone with an r6 lol), but I much prefer the look of the r6, and seeing as I bought this one from a Yamaha dealer, I'll probably get a much better deal for the r6 from Yamaha themselves. I will ride both as you say, see which I prefer.

Yeah it's a good little car, been reliable for me * touch wood, and it still puts a smile on my face after 2 years!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online