Additional Lighting Advice and Recommendations Please

whythedevilnot
This post is 4555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The end to British Summer Time has hit me hard on my rural, completely unlit, narrow, leafy, muddy and very winding commute home. The dipped beam on my YBR250 is very poor. I'd say it gives enough view for about 30 or 40 mph without oncoming traffic. As soon as someone with the ultra white style lights many cars use comes the other way I'm effectively blind.

I've tried to research additional lighting. Fog lights, Spot Lights, Driving lights, whatever. I need some but need some advice on where to find a good pair that won't break the bank or get people flashing their lights back at me (which clearly I don't need). As my bike is naked they could be frame mounted or fork/yoke mounted I imagine.

I would love to see how people have fitted them, wired them. Advice and recommendations please. Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know where youre coming from there, luckily my commute is all lit. The problem seems to me to have gotten worse with the trend of fitting bloody adjustable headlamps in cars, I bet most people havent a clue about how to set them and dont consider oncoming drivers / riders

Most start with a brighter bulb.

Phillips do one about 60W, compared to the usual 45W, or whatever it is. I can't recall the exact figures, but it's notably brighter. Get 'em from Halfords.

Thing is, your lights can be as bright as you like - You'll still be blinded by oncoming lights.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online